- This event has passed.
The Future of New York with Capalino & BPCM Cannabis: Creating the State’s New Cannabis Industry
May 18 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
All eyes are on New York: the world is watching the state roll out its newly legal cannabis industry. Sales are expected to reach $3.7 billion by 2025, according to New Frontier Data. Impressive, but that’s only one reason why NY legalization carries so much weight. Commercially, New York functions as the anchor for the populous Northeast market. Influentially, few cities command the cultural clout of New York, given the one-two punch of its homegrown creative industries and constant stream of tourists—all who’ll return home sharing the new ideas and speaking about the products they’ll experience during their memorable stay.
Join us for a lively discussion around the future of New York’s newest industry, including specifics of the new legislation and real possibilities coming out with new license types, new jobs, new business opportunities and new tax reinvestment into communities harmed by the War on Drugs.
• Imani Dawson, Cannabis Education Advocacy Symposium and Expo (CEASE)
• Melany Dobson, VP Brand, Hudson Hemp
• Lisa Gabor, Partner, BPCM Cannabis
• David Hershkovits, Writer and Host, Light Culture Podcast
• Kristin Jordan, Executive Director, Asian Cannabis Roundtable
• Jeffrey Lee, Principal, Capalino (moderator)
• Tunisha Walker-Miller, Principal, Capalino
• The Office of Cannabis Management is ramping up now. What should applicants for its dispensary, on-site consumption and delivery licenses plan for?
• Cannabis will have a big impact on NYC’s clubs and nightlife. What should we expect— from a social perspective? A zoning perspective? What about liquor and cannabis licensing?
• The new cannabis industry has the potential to support 30,000 to 60,000 jobs. What new business opportunities can we expect?
• 50% of the new business licenses will be awarded to social equity applicants. How have these programs worked in other states? Is there a ‘best practices’ model NY will likely follow?